Attorney Thomas D. Marks
Tom is the founding partner of The Marks Law Firm. With more than 35 years of experience practicing law in Central Florida, Tom zealously represents his clients with integrity, dedication, and personal attention. Tom has built a solid reputation with his clients, colleagues, opposing counsel, and the Courts of Orange, Osceola, Lake, Brevard, Volusia, and Seminole Counties.
It is Tom’s mission to be the best small family law firm in Central Florida. He is dedicated to excellence and has built a great team of attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and support staff at The Marks Law Firm. Tom is committed to his clients, their well-being, and their goals. He sees success as a journey built on integrity, excellence and hard work. Tom cares deeply about his clients, their children, and their future success and significance.
If reconciliation is possible, he will support those efforts and what is best for the family. If he is called on to represent his clients’ interests in Court, a Collaborative Case, Mediation, or elsewhere, he will be a zealous advocate, negotiator and wise counsel.
Tom has actively volunteered his time and efforts in the Orange County Bar and has taken over 28 pro bono Legal Aid Society cases to represent those who could not afford an Attorney. Tom has volunteered over 200 hours of professional services in pro bono work.
Tom is active in the community and in his church. He frequently speaks at various Divorce Care groups in Central Florida and he has focused his time, efforts, and practice in family and marital areas of the law. In 2011, Tom was recognized as Outstanding Chairman by the Orange County Bar Association as chair of the Family Law Committee.
Tom and his wife Linda have been married over 34 years and have two adult children, Rebekah and Daniel. To learn more about Tom and his passions beyond family law, click here to read the latest Healthy Lawyer Blog.
- Florida, 1986
- Family Law Section
- General Practice Section
- Trial Lawyers Section
Professional Memberships & Activities
- National Association of Divorce Professionals Downtown Orlando Chapter, 2017 – Present
- Director, 2017 – Present
- Florida Bar Ninth Circuit Grievance Committee, 2013—2016
- The C12 Group, 2011—2019
- Central Florida Collaborative Law Group, 2009—2017, 2020 – Present
- Family Law Inns of Court, 2005—Present
- Master Level
- Central Florida Christian Chamber of Commerce, 2003—Present
- Orange County Bar Association, 1986—Present
- Christian Legal Society, 1983—Present
- Family Law Executive Committee, 2003—2011
- Chairman, 2007-2011
- Daetwyler Shores HOA, 1998—2006
- President, Board of Directors, 2005—2006
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 1990—2000
- Florida Hospital East Orlando Foundation Board, 1993—1997
- Chairman, 1996—1997
- Vice Chairman, 1993—1995
- Orange County Animal Service Advisory Board, 1992—1997
- Chairman, 1994—1997
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1991—2003
- Winter Park Pines Community Association, 1987—1994
- President, Board of Directors, 1992—1994
- Christian Conciliation Service of Central Florida, 1988—1992
- East Orlando Civitan Service Organization, 1988—1990
Recognitions & Speaking Engagements
- Guest on Inside Look by Brooks Podcast, 2022
- Featured Speaker at FAMU Christian Legal Society Event, 2019
- Guest on Chasing Wisdom Podcast, 2018
- Featured Speaker at Central Florida Christian Chamber of Commerce November Luncheon, 2017
- ED Talk Speaker at August NADP Downtown Orlando Chapter Meeting, 2017; May NADP Downtown Orlando Chapter Meeting, 2020
- “10 Best” Client Satisfaction Award from American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2014 – 2016
- Presenter at the 2010 Christian Legal Society National Convention
- OCBA Outstanding Committee Chair, 2010 – 2011
- Orlando’s Top Lawyers, 2010, 2013
- Published in The Builders magazine, July 2016
- Published in Orlando Home & Leisure
- Regular speaker at Divorce Care Groups throughout Central Florida
- 1st place Dean Maloney Memorial Writing Contest, 1986 – Statewide competition and published on front cover of the Florida Bar Journal in 1986.