Attorney Nicole Arfaras Kerr, Of Counsel
Nicole first worked for Tom Marks while in law school and is delighted to work with him again as a practicing attorney, Of Counsel to the Marks Law Firm.
Tom’s early model of practicing law with personal integrity; a strong work ethic; a commitment to excellence; and genuine compassion and respect for people set the tone for Nicole’s career.
Nicole began her practice in Orlando and later moved to the Tampa Bay area where her roots in Tarpon Springs go back three generations, and where she currently resides.
Her practice has included constitutional law, nursing home litigation, Social Security Disability, estate planning, probate and guardianship litigation, business law, and general civil litigation. She has practiced in both state and federal courts.
Nicole is a member of First United Methodist Church of Tarpon Springs. Her hobbies include enjoying her family, waterskiing, dancing, biking, yoga, reading, and drinking hot tea.
- Florida, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S Courts of Appeal for the Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Florida and the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the Second District Court of Appeals (past)
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the Sixth Judicial Circuit (past Chair)
- Allgood-Altman Inn of Court (past)
- Justice Restoration Center
- Board Member
- Lighthouse Christian Homeschool Academy
- Board Member
- Institute International Des Droits De L’Homme, Strasbourg, France
Certificate in International Human Rights Law
- University of Florida
Joint Degree Juris Doctorate and Master of Arts in Sociology
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Summa Cum Laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- St. Petersburg College
Associate of Arts in Mass Communications Summa Cum Laude