Attorney A. Jay Fowinkle
A. Jay is an established family law and criminal defense attorney with more than 14 years of experience in Seminole, Orange and Osceola Counties.
A. Jay is passionate about representing his clients and takes very seriously the vulnerability clients find themselves in when dealing with a legal crisis. He is committed to providing excellent legal guidance and walking with his clients through their time of need.
As a prior US Navy Veteran and son of a decorated Navy Commander Aviator, A. Jay understands the difficulty military life can have on families and is driven to represent veterans and/or their families. It is for this reason A. Jay has volunteered his time as a mentor and attorney in Veterans Court. A. Jay has also volunteered his time providing speeches to various groups focusing on self-help and addiction issues.
In law school, A. Jay was selected to be a member of the Moot Court Honor Society based on his oral advocacy skills. Through competition, he won the opportunity to represent his school as a national competitor in Washington D.C. This litigation prowess continues with A. Jay in private practice where he has conducted over 50 trials in criminal defense and family law cases.
He is an active member and Elder of Northland Church. A. Jay and his wife Jennifer have two children, JT, (11) and Ashlynne (9).
- Florida, 2005
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Christian Legal Society, 2018 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2017 – Present
- Central Florida Christian Chamber, 2016 – Present
- Seminole County Bar Association, 2012 – Present
- Volie A. Williams American Inn of Court, 2012 – Present
- United States Concealed Carry Association, 2011 – Present
- Attorney Representative
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2008 – 2013
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2005 – 2008
- Orange County Bar Association, Member 2005 – 2008
- PULSE! – The Health Law Students Society, 2002 – 2003
- Public Relations Director
Recognitions & Speaking Engagements
- Semi-Finalist; 2nd Place Winner Feinrider Moot Court Competition, 2002
- National Defense Service Medal (as Legal Yeoman), United States Navy, 1995
- TV45 Interview – Coming Home “From Rags to Riches,” 2018
- Panelist for Dinner & Dreams Fundraiser, “Overcoming Struggle to Find Success,” 2017
- Keynote Speaker, “Unmerited Justice,” 2017
- Commencement Speech “Don’t Let Your Past Define You,” 2017
- Drug Court – Osceola County “The Harm of Addiction,” 2015
- Teen Challenge International of Florida, “Overcoming Addiction,” 2014
- His Way – Northland Church “Sick and tired of being sick and tired,” 2014
- “Came to believe,” 2014
- “Giving Up Control,” 2014
- University of Central Florida Panhellenic Council Alcohol & DUI Awareness Seminar, 2011
- New Attorney Training – Public Defender on Attorney Case File Management, 2007
- Nova Southeastern University – Shepard Broad Law Center, JD – Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, 1999